My tenant destroyed my property and I need to sell my house now. “My tenant absolutely destroyed my place, should I sell my house now?”

A destroyed rental property is every landlord’s nightmare. We know because we’ve worked with many landlords who sold their houses for cash in the past. It happens, even if you were nice to the tenant. It is difficult to imagine how someone can absolutely destroy a place, but hey, it happens. Maybe she got into a fight with her boyfriend who destroyed the place out of anger, maybe they didn’t like you and destroyed the house out of spite, who knows? All that matters now is that you’re in a jam and have to find out what you need to do to move on from this terrible experience.

Challenges You’re Going to Encounter

The first step, of course, is to get rid of the tenant if they are still on the property. The eviction process will vary from state to state, but you must follow it to a T. The timeline for eviction depends on the state you live in, and there are also tenant laws you must consider here as well. And don’t forget about any special terms in your own agreement with the tenant. If you’re lucky, they won’t do any more damage or burn the place to the ground.

Most states require you to give the tenant “the eviction notice” so the process can begin. You can either prepare the notice yourself or hire an attorney to do it for you. This notice must meet all the requirements of the state you live in; otherwise, it is not valid in court. But many times the tenant will take off before the eviction notice is even given, which will take us to the next step.

Now They’re Out: What to Do Next

Once the tenant is out of your property, now you must do a full inspection to assess the situation at hand. Take photos of all the damages they caused, including pictures of any debris and garbage they left behind. And when it comes to the security deposit, be sure to follow the law of the state you live in. The last thing you want is for the tenant to sue you because you did not comply with the notice or requirements. If you need to, you can hire an attorney to help you figure this part out.

If there was no security deposit or the damages they caused exceeded the security deposit, you will have to take things to a small claims court to be compensated for all the damages they caused. Again, you can attend court yourself or hire an attorney to assist you in the process. But we know you’re no dummy, and you already know one thing… You’re unlikely to get money from them. If your tenant doesn’t have any money, not even a court can make them pay you back. That’s right, you are not likely to see any money to help you fix the place, which means it’s going to come out of your own pocket. Or you can do this…

Fix It or Sell It for Cash

You already know that every day your place sits vacant, you’re losing money. Even if the property doesn’t have a mortgage, there are taxes and insurance costs to account for, as well as utilities and the complete repair costs from the damages they caused.

So what do you do now? Should you cut your losses and not worry about carrying an extra mortgage with you or should you spend your hard-earned money to fix the repairs? What if this has happened to you in the past and you don’t want it to happen again? You might be thinking, “I should sell my house now.” We get it. Being a landlord is stressful.  If you are interested in selling your house quickly and getting top dollar for your property, consider selling your house for cash. We can provide you with quick cash and a fast closing. Don’t wait another day, give us a call today and find out exactly what we can do for you!

Sell My House Now

If you are a landlord in Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Bucks, Montgomery, Northampton, Lehigh, or Berks County and are interesting in selling your house, Home Cash Guys is here to help. We pay cash for homes, and buy homes as is, in any condition. Get a no hassle, no obligation offer today. Get started.

0/5 (0 Reviews)

Get Your No Obligation Offer in 24 Hours or Less!

Give us a call or text us at (215) 515-0064, or fill out our form to get started.

0/5 (0 Reviews)